The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Just an update...

So, we've figured out that the way we get things done around the house is to invite a big group of friends over so that we HAVE to get things lookin good. This way, we have a little motivation. Last week, we had a BBQ for all of our Coug friends in town for the Seattle WSU football game- nice win Cougs! (another great football season begun) Nick and I worked sooooo hard to finish all the painting (except for our room) and get all the little details of our kitchen finished. I have to admit, because of a few hangups on the trim, it's not completely done- we still need to go back and paint all the nail holes and probably seal it all one more time, but check it out.....
Remember what it looked like when we bought the house? (yikes)

Now check out the after (below)


Isn't it such an improvement! Ahhh, we just love it! By the way, I need to mention that when I say "we" did this to our kitchen, what I really mean is I mostly cheered on Nick while HE did all this amazing work. Aside from some painting, sanding, and a little bit of "hold this here" stuff, he really deserves all the credit. My man rocks. (and I promise to putty the nail holes myself )
Here's a picture of all the girls that were at the BBQ. All the boys were upstairs playing Guitar Hero on XBox. Isn't it great how even at 24 years, it still feels like Junior High sometimes-with the guys in one corner and the girls in the other? haha, it cracks me up.... LOVE my girls though!


I had to put these pics of my nephews up too. One just turned two and the other will in a couple months. Aren't they so stinkin' cute! Me and two of my sister-in-laws made a trip to Ikea (jeez, I love that place) and the boys were such good sports while we drug them all over that huge store. This was afterwards at a Burger King and they were STILL smiling after the long day. Love them!

4 comments:

Corbin said...

your kitchen looks awesome! and really I am sure you rooted the whole time nick was working -nena

Myca said...

Your kitchen looks so stinkin good! It is beautiful. I Miss you guys!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

wow definitly a good change, Love it! I wish I had a house that I could do whatever I wanted to with! I guess for now I will live with my carpet in the kitchen in my little apartment!!!

Myca said...

Nick this is Jared your casa is sexy looking peace