The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Family Day

Saturday was family, and boy did I ever need it. Nick and I have both been working really long hours lately, and usually opposite hours so that we can cover watching Parker. As happy as I am that I get to spend that time with P and he's not in daycare, it leaves little time for the THREE of us to all be together, and I've been really missing my husband.

We slept in and had a much needed lazy morning. Then we met some friends from church at Patty's Egg Nest- I am so obsessed with the Peanut Butter French Toast!! :)

Then the three of us headed down to the Seattle Aquarium. Parker is getting so good at repeating words. There was one hallway that had a bunch of pictures of sharks, and P had to point out every single one, saying 'shaaaaark'. He loved the otters and managed to get out an 'owtter' too. And his word for 'fish' always makes us giggle... it sounds like 'shiiiiiiiiit'.

After that, we walked over to the carousel and arcade. P's first time on a carousel was fun- he looked a little nervous at first, but once it started spinning he was loving hanging on to the horse as it went up and down. When it was done he kept signing 'more' and pointing over to the carousel. We played a bunch of the arcade games with him too. He loved the one where you roll the balls down the lane and try to get them in the rings (cannot remember what it's called for the life of me). He got so excited when the balls would come down and he did a pretty good job of throwing them too.

Between Nick and I, we earned quite a few tickets to cash in, and P picked out a rubber 'shaaaaaaarrrk' and a big bouncy ball. No surprise on those pics.
We hit up the pier for some clam chowder before heading home. P did awesome for such a long/busy day- no fussing and super easy.

Oh yeah, did I mention he has stopped taking naps? Yes, my 18 month old has not had a nap 4 days in a row. No more working during the day for me. On the bright side, he has been sleeping really well, so that is AWESOME!! We are finally seeing consistent 7-8 hour stretches, which is a first in the last year and a half. I'll take the trade off.

I didn't bring my camera, so no pics but this one from the photo booth at the arcade.
Now that wedding season is calming down, I hope to see LOTS more days like this!

No comments: