
So we braved the crowds and headed down-town Seattle for some stress-free window shopping and the annual tree-lighting ceremony. We went with our brother and sister-in-law, Jeff and Sally (Nick's brother). We always have so much fun hanging out with them. The girls went and did some shopping while the boys did their own thing ( I think it involved a large plate of nachos) and then met up right before the tree-lighting ceremony. It was so cute- they had a children's choir and some random singers from the CD "Christmas in the Northwest" (cheesy songs like "walking in Seattle latte land"- seriously) They lit the Macy's star and had some pretty decent fireworks too. Then we ended the night with an appetizer dinner. I love going down town, and even though I work smack dab on Capitol Hill, I rarely make the trip just for fun- so it was great to enjoy the city and spend some time with Jeff and Sal. I love this season- the cold air, the store window displays, all the decorations- what a perfect holiday night.

No comments:
Post a Comment