My favorite holiday has come and gone, so I thought I'd share some of the events from this Christmas. My parents came from Moses Lake to stay with us for 5 days. It was so much fun to have them here. They are the first house guests we've had for more than a night, and we had a fun time hosting them for a few days. The first night we went to see National Treasure. My mom said she hadn't been to a movie in ages, and for once we got to treat them. We went to Molbacks Nursery the next day- when I was a kid my parents use to take us there around Christmas for pictures with all the Christmas decorations, so I love going there because it always brings back fond memories. We went out to dinner at Purple- which is my FAVORITE restaurant over here. Their baked brie is to die for! My favorite Christmas tradition is going to a candle-lit christmas eve service at church, so ofcourse we went this year. I LOVE all of the Christmas hymns- I wish we sung them all year long. In the Erickson house, we've always opened presents on Christmas Eve. Santa always came while we were at church, and my brother and I would have our faces pressed against the car windows looking for Rudolf on the drive home from church. So this year, keeping with tradition, we did presents with my parents on Christmas Eve. Christmas day we had my Grandma Ursula over for Christmas dinner. I finally got to use our china, and I have never had so much fun setting a table. My mom and I did a turkey dinner together and I think we made a pretty good team. It was fun having her in the kitchen with me. We had so many leftovers- Nick and I have been eating them all week for breakfast lunch and dinner. It was so cool- it actually snowed in Seattle on Christmas Day! My mom and I were cooking in the kitchen and it started to hail and then turned to these huge flakes. It was such a treat to have an "almost white" Christmas over here.









2 comments:
Your china is so goregous! My poor parents had to eat of paper plates...
Merry Christmas and happy 2008!
I love you guys! -n
Post a Comment