The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Friday, April 4, 2008

I almost have a niece!

This last weekend Sally (my sister-in-law) and I threw a shower for Diane (another sis-in-law). She expecting a little girl, who is arriving on the 8th!! I cannot believe she is almost here. It was suppose to be a fun spring brunch, but considering it snowed the night before and all day Saturday, we had to make it as "springy" as possible in-doors! We made a ton of food- yum. I did lots of baking, and believe it or not, there wasn't a single utensil in any baked item :) (you may remember I baked a fork into Nick's birthday cake last year) Sally made one of her incredible salads... seriously, they are to die for. It's always the best combination of cheese, fruit, veggies, and dressing- yummy!
Here are some pictures from the shower- Sally took all of the cute pictures... I was too lazy to dig out my camera.
The shower dream-team, Sally and I. hahaNicole, Diane, and Diane's friend, Lauren. Doesn't Diane look so cute prego?
Here is the amazing quilt made by Nicole (my sister-in-law.. yes, there's a lot of us). Isn't it the cutest thing?! You're jealous, aren't you.
And here is my stinkin' adorable nephew, Erik. You may remember him from this.
He is growing so fast, and is such a snuggle bug. He fits just right into the "nook" under his Auntie K's chin. Love him.

4 comments:

Myca said...

I am glad everything turned out with the shower....and I am still laughing out loud about the fork thing....so funny. I miss you guys so much. We are still waiting to hear about lake powell but I am going to be so sad if you guys can't go. We are working on a time too depending on that to get up there and see you. Ahh I miss you guys.

Jeff and Megan said...

Oh my Gosh Kristen!! I hadn't heard the fork thing! That totally made me laugh outloud...and i'm by myself!! Totally jeleous of the quilt too! :)

mumovearls said...

Wow that baby is really cute I'm so excited to have you take our pictures! did you hear we are canceling powell- house boat i off the water because it was hit in a storm! BAD NEWS eh? call dad for more info!

Honeycutt's said...

I LOVE the picture of you and little E together! I am going to have to ask you or Sal to email it, I want it framed somewhere in the house. The shower you two threw was awesome - all the good food! Yummy! We are going to try the french toast goody goodness recipe you gave us tomorrow!