New Years: We got to spend New Years with the Frogleys in Boise. We had such a nice time with them! It's always a good trip for Nick and I- we love Jared and Myca to death, and the boys are a kick to play with! I can't believe we'll be adding another little boy to the mix on our next trip. It makes me sad how much they change everytime we see the kiddos! Tayden was already such a different baby! Nick informed me that we are adding "visit Myca and Jared" to our list of trips we do at least once a year. Isn't it wonderful when your husband loves your friend and her husband as much as you do??! I don't even want to post these pics because I look awful, but they're the only ones I have from the week.

I did a family shoot for them while I was there- of course they are the cutest little fam, so it was a fun treat for me. :) I'm not through them all yet, but here's a couple:


We also made it for a weekend at the Honeycutt cabin in Chelan this month. Ron and Sheri cooked up some serious meals (as usual) and we were totally spoiled. Ron's homemade baked beans are one of my favorites, although the king crab was also amaaaaaazing. :) My parents ended up coming up for dinner one of the nights too. It was really nice to spend some time with both of our parents. Our friends Lindsay and Nate met us there too- another couple we don't see near as often as we'd like. They are getting married this summer, and we are sooo looking forward to their wedding. It's fun to gab about all of the wedding details with Linds- I miss having her close by! We did their "official" engagement pics while we were there too- you can check them out HERE. It was fun because Nick tagged along for their session. He had the three of us laughing the whole time. I think I'm going to start dragging him along to all of my sessions. (like he'd ever go for that)


This month we also celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. Six whole years together (wow time flies!) and two years married. We're heading to Salish again this year (planning on doing it every year for our anniversary, since that's where we spent our wedding night) although we had to delay our weekend because their spa openings didn't correspond with the dates we wanted to go, and you KNOW we need our spa treatments. :) I had to work the night of our anniversary at the hospital, but Nick came home with 2 dozen roses (one rose for every month we've been married), and we had a nice dinner before I had to run and take care of those babes.
Do I even have to say how much I love my hubs??! Seriously, the coolest person I know and I thank God for him every day. He is the best friend, best husband, and he's going to be an amazing dad in a couple months. I am seriously the luckiest girl alive.
The baby update: So my initial blood sugar screen came back a little elevated, so they had be go in for the 4 hour glucose challenge. You can imagine how much fun this test is- let me fill you in. Don't eat anything for 12 hours, then have your blood drawn, chug 100g of sugar in less than 5 minutes (think insanely sweet/thick high-C... yuck) without puking, sit and wait an hour, have your 2nd blood draw, wait an hour, have your third blood draw, wait an hour, and then have your 4th blood draw... oh, and by the way, you're not allowed to eat or even drink water during this whole thing (which is even harder when you're waiting in the lobby next to the culligan water cooler). By the end of it, I was soooo hungry and thirsty. I ran to the nearest starbucks to get some oatmeal. My hand was shaking so bad I could barely scoop the oatmeal into my mouth. The other customers probably suspected seizure activity watching me eat. :)
So, the result is I fell into the gestational diabetes category. I was totally devastated at first. You can fail one of the tests, but not more. I failed 2 out of the 4. The good news is that my fasting and 3 hour were totally normal, so I'm told I shouldn't have any trouble controlling my blood sugars with diet. I've been testing my blood sugars for the last week four times/day and I've only had one that was slightly higher than they want (I was feeling over confident and had a big bowl of cereal- they warned us about cereal). Otherwise, they've all been well within the desired numbers... so that's good. Basically as long as I keep it up for the next 10.5 weeks (or whenever baby decides to show), I shouldn't have any problems.
Here's a recent pic of my ever-growing bump (about a week ago?):

Lately I hear a lot of "wow, you look really pregnant", "oh my gosh, you're getting so big", "You look like a snake that just swallowed a rodent", etc... People also have been busting out the chicken leg jokes, which look especially "chickenish" compared to my basketball belly.
My favorite was the other night when we went out with Tim, Sarah, Reed and friends. The conversation went like this:
Girl: So, how many weeks do you have left?
Me: about 11.
Girl: But you're already so big!....... Are you just going to get bigger??!
Me: That's what they tell me.
Girl: Woooooowwwww.
Nick and I had a good laugh about that convo later.
Other than that, I feel great and can't complain. He kicks all day long- Uncle Tim felt him kick for the first time last weekend. Funniest reaction ever! Nick and I must have a drastically declining social life because we spend a lot of evenings just sitting on the couch watching my belly change shape as he's kicking, punching, rolling... basically he's already a well versed break dancer. I'm sure I'll grow to be bothered by this as he gets bigger and his break dancing lands harder on my bladder and ribs, but for now- I love it. :)
Nick's working hard on the baby's room- we are finally beginning work to get ready for this guy. He's putting up wainscoting- and it looks SOOOOOOO good. He seriously can do anything! He thinks he'll be all done touching up with paint and everything by the weekend, so we can move the crib and dresser in (that have been sitting in our garage for the past couple months). We don't have a lot of stuff- just a few outfits/blankets that friends/family have given us- but it's all in random places around the house. I can't wait to wash it all and get it put away in one place.
Confession: I still haven't finished putting away the Christmas decorations. Sad. I know. Another reason our house is chaos right now. Anyway, I'll get it all done soon! (Just not this week because is tax time for the business, hehe)
Alright, hopefully I'll be updating more regularly in the future... although no promises. :)
4 comments:
We had so much fun with you, boo! Can't wait till the weekend of baby showers, love you!
Where will you deliver? Evergreen?
I love it!!! And I agree, your belly is so big and I can't believe it will get bigger without you popping!! Well, I suppose sooner or later you will pop....are you still sure you want to have the baby naturally?? Haha....Love you guys!!
I agree with Nick...that should be on your list of "to do's" each year! We loved having you guys and can't wait to meet your little guy.
Post a Comment