The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Merry Christmas!

This year was so much fun because we actually had a white Christmas! My mom just had her second knee replacement on the 15th. She stays with us after her discharge from the hospital so physical therapy can follow up with her. She was a perfect patient, and a lovely house guest. She's doing well, and with two new knees she's already on the go. My dad was planning on picking her up on the 22nd and heading back to Moses Lake, but with the storm, it wasn't safe to travel, and my parents ended up staying with us through the holidays- a fun treat.
I'm so glad I finally have a picture of our house with snow!!



We woke up Christmas morning to huge snow flakes. It snowed all morning long- the perfect Christmas scene. I had to run and grab the camera.
Unfortunately with the snow, comes the challenge of driving in it. We were heading over to the Honeycutt's where we were meeting Nick's parents, siblings and all of our nieces and nephews. My mom and I got up early and did a ton of baking. We finally got all the presents and food loaded up in the car, drove about a block, and realized that our tire had gone flat (looks like it popped on a broken piece of someone's tire chains). My dad had the great idea of just loading into his 2 wheel drive van. He got about 10 feet into the street when he got stuck. So there we were, Nick changing the tire in the snow, and my dad trying to dig out the van- just 10 feet from our drivcway. The boys, might not agree, but it was a little comical to my mom and I. Thankfully, my husband rocks when it comes to anything needing to be fixed or built, and he had the tire changed in a flash.
I love Christmas decorations- I am so sad to see our tree go.


Our Christmas Eve feast-Never been frozen king crab legs, risotto, and salad. Nick and I both chowed on the crab! it was soooo good.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I heart Bernie's hat :) And I'm still yearning for those crab legs!