The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We had such a nice "first" Father's Day- I made Nick breakfast in bed, we went to church, and then raced down to Seattle to catch the Mariners game. Parker didn't have any Mariners gear, so naturally we decked him out in Coug attire. It was so much fun, and actually a really good game. It all came down to the bottom of the 9th- tied game, bases loaded, two outs, two strikes, two balls... then the first baseman missed the ball and we made it home to win the game. Parker was awesome (I swear we can take that kid anywhere and he's so easy)- slept through the first half and just sat on my lap and watched the game the second half. Then we went by Nick's parents' house for dinner with the fam- everyone but Jeff, Sally, and our BRAND NEW NIECE, Audrey. :) (Born on Friday).








So I just have to say that I am so proud to be married to such a stud. Over the last 6+ years, it has been so amazing watching Nick go from boyfriend, to fiance, to husband, to daddy. He is such a wonderful dad... I am so thankful that Parker will grow up with such an incredible role model. I know he's going to inherit his dad's sense of humor, but I also pray he picks up on his work ethic, values, and good nature. Sometimes I worry about how I am going to raise Parker to be all the things I want him to be- kind, faithful, honest, loving... but then I look at Nick and know that there is no way he could grow to be anything less. I love these boys so much- Happy Father's Day Nick!

1 comment:

Wilson Clan said...

Great pictures, and a happy first father's day to Nick! :)