Ok, so Kristen has been buggin me to "blog my life" and put my spin on what it is like to be a Honeycutt. Well, to put it simply...Heavenly. I think that might be the best way to describe it, though it is quite hard to really explain how I reached that conclusion. Maybe it is the aura that surrounds the name, who knows. It may be my Halo skills, as I have recently been promoted to corporal. Well, enough kidding aside, I was trying that whole thoughtful thing, and you may agree, it just isn't working out for me. I'll leave all the "deep" conversation pieces for my lovely wife who I love so dearly.
Lately there has been some changes in my life that I am quite proud of. Really only one in particular, and that is my new job. I finally, after a month or so of looking, sending in resumes, interviews, and background checks, I nailed a job that seems like it could be very good for both me and my wife. As some of you know, I have been working at my dad's old business, Honeycutt Machine, where I fabricate all sorts of things for Boeings big jets and such. Its a good job, but that right there is the reason for my need of a new career. I have been procrastinating to really indulge myself into finding a career that I can grow with and become successful. As of Friday the 19, I am officially a financial advisor with AP Financial. I will be working in Redmond now where I will be helping people invest their money in such things as college funds, retirement accounts, IRA's, mutual funds and the like. My main specialty will be helping people invest their money in ways that they can avoid taxes, and in turn, make a much better profit.
I am actually very excited about this new opportunity because I will be helping people who want to do good things with their money, and really make a difference in their lives. I know it won't be easy at first since I have never had a job with this type of responsibility and risk, but I know I will be successfull because I work hard and have a great foundation at home with my wife. She is the one who found the job, so I really need to give her thanks for pushing me to find a new job. Actually, I think she just wants to see me in a suit and tie every day instead of the dingy old work clothes I wear to the shop. Either way, we are both excited about the coming months and where we will be at the end of the year. There is a lot of opportunity in the job, so promotions will be on their way.
So here comes the inevitable sales pitch... if any of you are looking to invest in said accounts and programs, I would absolutely love the chance to help you out. They say family and friends are the best place to start, so I must give it a go. I do have to get my series 6 and 63 license first, so let me know and in about 4 weeks, I will gladly meet with you and show you some pie charts in how you can set aside a minimum of $25 a month to secure a bountiful retirement fund or a college fund for the children.
Well, this is getting quite long, so I will be on my way. Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying life, I know we are here at the Honeycutt household. Cohen says hi and GO COUGS!!
Nick
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment