The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Friday, October 26, 2007

I get it Dad....


Okay, so this is me eating my words. For YEARS I have given my dad so much crap about his clothes- his suits to be specific. You see, my dad has the same 3-4 suits that he has rotated through church/holidays for the past- hmmm, well as long as I've been alive- so let's just say 24 years. To his credit, I think one "new" one showed up around 1999. Anyways, inevitably I will be able to take this year's Christmas photos and match the suit to a picture from an earlier Christmas picture where I quite possibly may still be in diapers (if he goes with the corduroy- I think that one came from some year that began 197_). Don't get me wrong, I love this about my dad. He truly enjoys the simple things in life, and is always asking me "what's wrong with the one you've got?". Last weekend he proudly showed me his most recent "cool buy"- a two dollar t-shirt from WalMart. If anyone has ever seen my parents' driveway, you've noticed his collection of early 90's Crown Victorias. He loves them like he loves Starbucks and wrangler jeans. He buys them dirt cheap at auctions and then drives them proudly, telling people he just hit 300,000 miles and they're still running great. Anyways, back to the suits. With Nick's new job, he's ditching his stinky work clothes for some new suits. I took him to the Men's Wearhouse by recommendation and couldn't believe how fast we racked up a bill with not that much "suit product". Holy moly, you guys pay some good dough to look professional. At first I thought maybe it was just the store, but then I looked at Nordstrom and some of them were more than our rent was at the apartment. seriously?? Regardless, this new information puts me in a position where I feel that I need to retract all eye rolling, sniffing, and teasing I have done in my life in relation to my dad's suits. They still fit (high five on that, Dad) and they serve the purpose. So here's to my dad- Keep rockin' those suits. Besides, corduroy's coming back anyway.

1 comment:

mumovearls said...

You Dad ROCKS -nena we all Love him