Monday, July 7, 2008
Over the Hill...
So, as some of you may know...other's may not, but tomorrow marks the day of my wife achieving something of great proportions. It is her birthday, and she has reached the magical age of 25! Now, some may think this is not so great or amazing, but to hike a hill for 25 years to get to the top, and realize...wow, look at what I have accomplished, really is a great thing because of Kristen's success. She has gotten through college with perfect grades, attained the job of her dreams, started her own photography business, and most of all... married the man of her dreams. This whole story really is awe-inspiring. She hasn't been looking forward to this landmark age, because she is "half-way to 30". I quickly responded to her fretfulness with one simple term of love..."honey, you're not half way to 30, you're half way to 50!" Now she didn't like that too much, but of course I was just giving her a hard time. Besides, he insurance will be going down, so I guess that is looking on the bright side. The one thing I wish to tell her on her birthday is that I love her and want her to know that this is no top of the hill for her. In the last 8 months, I have seen her accomplish more than she probably expected, and that her hill is much larger and longer than reaching the measly age of 25. I know she is going to be great in the coming years, and soon will realize that she has a long way to go. All of you that read this blog I can easily assume know Kristen quite well, since she writes over 99% of what you have read. I don't make posts very often, but do so when the time is right. You all know that she is determined and very passionate at what she does, and I just wanted to let her know that again, I love her and am proud to call myself her husband. So if you are reading this Kristen, i love you, and happy birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy birthday girl...I love you to death.
Oh, I second that! You do have a great wife :) Happy Birthday Boo, can't wait to celebrate! - Linds
Happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday Late from us!
Happy birthday! Isn't 25 crazy? I keep thinking... at least one quarter of my life is over. Where did it go?!
Post a Comment