The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Friday, August 10, 2007

Our First Home

Nick here... for those of you who haven't seen or can't remember, here is our home. We were fortunate enough to find a bank to lend us the money (SUCKERS!!) to purchase it in May. We have been working on it quite a bit and are slowly turning it from a house to a home. These are all before pictures, so the "after" ones will be on here as we get them, and as many of you know, it takes a lot of time to get to that point. Welcome to homeownership and the never-ending list of things to do. We love it!
I took care of all the hard stuff, as you can see.
Yikes, the kitchen is not what you might call the stong point of the house. If you would like a sample of our tile, pictured below, let me know, it is sitting in a garbage can out in the garage.
For those who are so lucky, you may catch a sighting of the elusive light-haired beast that lingers in our dwelling. He is quite fierce, but can be coaxed with a small piece of food.

These are just a taste of what we started with, the carpet in the picture above was torn out the day after signing papers (pink's not really our color), and all of the walls have been painted, well almost. The kitchen is in the middle to late stages of fixing up, so pictures of the new "look" will be on their way.

3 comments:

Tom Earl said...

SWEET! I am the first to post! Loved having you on Lake Powell with us! I will catch up with you weekly as I read my blogs!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Kristen!
I just found your blog and am loving it! Your wedding pictures are beautiful. And I seriously LOVE your house. Your yard is goregous and it's just so picturesque. Just wanted to say hi!

Jeannie Erickson said...

Not too shabby for a first time home!! Being a Realtor I think owning a home is the best investment. I am so happy for you both. Your first home will always be so special. We are in our 5th home, but that first home is so special. We will never forget it. Enjoy it!! We love your blogspot. Cool idea!
Lots of love, Dan & Jeannie