The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Weekend Getaway

So a year ago today, Kristen and myself were heading home from Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls. That is were we spent the night after we were done at our wedding reception. It was an awesome time...in fact, I thought it was so special, that we went back for our anniversary. Even though we didn't show up in a vintage Rolls Royce like last year, we were still able to make a grand entrance in a beautiful red 1999 Jetta VR6. Now I know what you are thinking, but trust me, rolling up on 16" stock rims and Pioneer Sound system, it really was just as special as being chauffeured in the RR. Anyways, we went up on friday night because of Kristen's work schedule, but we did not let the fact that we were there a day early detach us from having a great time. We had an amazing dinner that night, my steak litterally fell apart when I picked it up with a fork. Now, I had never seen this before so I took it as a good omen for the night. So fast forward to 7:30 am the next morning, we woke up to put on our bath robes to get a hot stone massage. Now I am not supposed to admit this due to me being a guy and all, but the massage was awesome. Guys, you don't have to admit it like myself, but at least let your significant other "drag" you in for a massage. During the hot stone massage the put stones in between your toes and on your forhead. Now who would of thought that that would ever feel good...but it did. After the massage we packed up our stuff and went to a Country Breakfast. Me and Kristen went into this meal expecting your typical continental breakfast, but we were wrong in so many ways. It ended up being a 4 course meal that extended over a 2 hour scheduled time period. Needless to say, It was amazing. All of this was so much fun, but I think the real reason is because we were there together. Kristen is such an awesome person. I have been so lucky to have snagged up such a good catch. Smart, hard working, beautiful, and caring are just a few of her traits, but I'm sure you all know that about her. It's not like she hides any of it from every person she meets. I have been so blessed with such a wonderfull wife and am looking forward to many many more years with her.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

SO SWEET! You guys are awesome. You coming to Powell this year? Happy Anniversary!