The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oahu: Part 1

Kokua Festival- Hands down, the best concert of my life. I don't think anything will ever top this. Jack Johnson, Dave Mathews, Tim Reynolds, Matt Costa.... in beautiful Oahu. I am still getting chills when I think about it. Such an awesome show, and for such an awesome cause. Check out more information about Jack Johnson's Kokua Foundation HERE,







































Jack played an impromptu performance on a side stage for the kiddos... just walked up and started playing his Curious George stuff. We almost missed it. I couldn't believe how close we were... with such a small crowd. Wish I had my other camera, but the point-and-shoot pictures will have to do. What a dream come true.





































Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds during the main show. I've seen Dave play a few times, but this was definitely my favorite performance to-date. I'm praying they release this show on DVD.















I have a lot of pictures of sea turtles. Seriously, one of the days we were on the beach we counted 7 or 8... and those were just the ones that swam right by us. They would sun on the beach/rocks throughout the day- I've never seen so many in one place.












We went golfing on Oahu- wow, the Seattle golf courses are never going to top this. It was such a beautiful morning, amazing course, and so much fun. I love this picture of us- I don't know why, there's nothing stellar about it... I'm holding the camera out myself. But I love it just the same. Seriously, what would I do without this guy??! I'm a lucky girl.


And just a couple others that I took of the island...


You can check out more on my photoblog (you may have to scroll down a hair): khoneycuttgallery.blogspot.com
I seriously have SOOOO many pictures from the trip, but I'm still playing a little bit of catch-up on projects from the week before we left. More to come soon. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hEY RAPUNSAL LET DOWN YOUR HAIR.....................WAIT YOU DON'T HAVE LONG HAIR ANYMORE. lOOKS GOOD. NICK LONG TIME NO SEE. i LOVE YOU BOTH. JARED

mumovearls said...

Hey I'm looking at those pictures and I'm like "oh I remember that beach" I fell in L-O-V-E when we went to Hawaii. It just has a magic about it. I loved the turtles too!-nena

Rachel and Jason said...

I love your pictures. My husband and I are going to Oahu in July once he gets home from Iraq, and I'm SO excited to see it all in person! :)