
I just wanted to wish my Dad a very happy birthday today. Big Boppin' Bernie is... well, he's one year older.
I love my dad so much- he is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet. He could get a lamp post laughing. He is such a story teller, and an even better listener. When I go to Starbucks with my dad (either of the two in Moses Lake) he can tell me the name of every person that works there, what's going on in their life- who their dating, who they broke up with, how many kids they have, how many more they want, etc... because he cares. He loves life- he is the first to drag me out on the dance floor (okay, so I like to dance too), and I love to watch my dad dance!
He loves to laugh, and doesn't hesitate to bust out a wig (he owns several), funny clothes, or fake teethe to get a giggle out of someone. He is very generous and eager to help anyone who will put forth some effort. I haven't always listened to his advice (especially in my teen years), although most of the time I wish I had. (except when he didn't want me to get a dog- we all know how that turned out. Bernie loves his "grand-dog") He has taught me so many valuable lessons about what is important in life and the way to live it. So many of his words ring in my ears daily as I run into difficult and challenging situations. I am so grateful for all of his encouragement, support, and praise over the years. There is no way I could have accomplished what I have without my mom and dad. Thank you.
Happy Birthday Dad!!!
2 comments:
That's so funny! I had no idea our dads had the same birthday! Happy Birthday to Bernie:)
- Sal
Happy Birthday Bernie! -Love the Earl's
Post a Comment