The Honeycutts

The Honeycutts
Sweet as Honey...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Please come soon!

9 days from my due date here. DYING in anticipation. I feel really good- I'm staying pretty active. Still working two nights/week (12 hour shifts) at the hospital. I finished my last portrait session on Saturday, so now I've just got a ton of post processing and filling print/album orders- a whole lot of desk work. Drug Nick and the dog on an hour long power walk the other night. I'm eating lots of spicy food and eggplant (it's suppose to induce labor?). Bag is packed for the hospital. Stroller and car seat came yesterday. Baby's room is ready. We are ready.

I didn't think it would be this hard to wait. It drives me crazy that this is out of my hands and I can't do anything about it. I'm a total planner- I really like to have things scheduled on my calendar, so everything just fits in nicely. It's funny, because my calendar is still packed over the next few weeks... but I didn't want to be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. Every night a pray I'll wake up in labor, and every morning I wake up feeling great and bummed out that I don't have our baby yet. :)


My ankles are finally starting to swell. I was thinking I was going to get out of this without kankles, but they appeared after my second night shift at the hospital this week. But aside from that and the amount of time and effort it takes me to roll over from one side to the other in bed, I feel good. Too good. Like, I'm probably not having this baby for another month good. Oh jeez, I'm really hoping he's not super late. I wanted to have him this week so bad- my cousin's funeral is on Monday and I hate that I can't go. I feel awful- I really want to be there with my family. I think even if he came as late as Saturday, I'd still make the trek- take the train to Spokane (the funeral is in Coeur d'Alene). But it's just too far to go when I'm this pregnant. My brother comes on the 12th, and Erin comes a few days later. I never get to see them, and they're here for 2 weeks. Hopefully they'll be able to spend some good time with their nephew. Uggh- please come soon baby!

Nick and I finished up our last membership class at our church last week. We'll "officially" be welcomed as new members this Sunday. We've been going to this church since late August, and I am just so glad we found it. We tried a handful of churches in our area over the past couple years, but we knew pretty quickly that this was the one for us. I cannot believe how welcoming everyone has been. So many people went out of their way to introduce themselves, invite us to social events, get to know us... it's been a blast. They even threw a baby shower for me a couple Sunday's ago. I didn't think that many people would be there since we still don't know a good chunk of the congregations, but I was totally blown away by how many women showed- many of them I was meeting for the first time. It's a younger congregation, and there are SOOOO many kiddos. I love when they call for the children's lesson- there's just a huge flood of kids running to the front. It makes me giggle every week. It's really nice to have the fellowship of other young families, and we've already made some great friends. The pastor is great- him and Nick hit it off from the start. And he's so excited for the baptism, which makes me even more excited for it (whenever Parker decides to make his debut). I just can't even say what a relief it is to finally have a church we can call our own over here.

Oh, and here's another shot of Nick testing out the baby's equipment on the dog- the stroller is a keeper in case you were wondering. :)

Well that's the quick update. Hopefully I'll have pics to post of the little guy soon. Really soon. :)

1 comment:

Emelie said...

What church are you guys a member of? :)
Come out and meet everyone finally, Parker!!!