Well, it is once again time for the inevitable...a bunch of thoughts and awe-inspiring comments by the man of the house. It is only a few days until Kristen's and my own life to be turned upside down by this little guy we refer to as Parker. Kristen says that this is the last time that I will be able to get some things put down in writing before all of my views and opinions change since we are joining the new, exclusive group of parenthood. Who would have thought that I would be able to father a human being? To be honest though, I am very excited. With Kristen working many weekends this summer, it can only mean one thing...numerous outings with Parker on my own, sitting in the baby bjorn. I know he will have a hard time with this since I lead such a busy life. Sitting on the couch, video games, beer drinking/brewing, teasing Cohen, Lowe's, Bed Bath and Beyond; I mean if we have time of course. It's going to be a great time.
Lately I have been finishing up a few things around the house...I know, I always seem to be doing something, but what you all don't realize, is that I am typically doing things as listed above (couch, video games, etc.). People say things change when you have a baby, and I say nay, I say things get better. For example...a simple trip to the movies now means I have a way of smuggling in food and drink via baby bag, and baby bjorn. Women have always had said pleasure with their purses that they fill with who knows what, but now its my turn. This is just one minor example of how wonderful this little bundle of joy is going to be.
So my wife has been having a hard time latlely because Parker has not come yet, and I like to tell her that I understand. Personally, I would be just a little worried of the whole birth thing, I mean come on guys, lets be thankful that we were not designed to bring people into this world, it is a crazy process. Kristen is going to do wonderful though. We have hired a doula to help out with the process. She will be the one to crawl on the ground with Kristen and do all of the crazy things that women do to give birth. I mean, I have a reputation to keep intact. In all seriousness, I am so proud of Kristen in this whole thing. She carries pregnancy like it is no problem. She has been so tough and has shown a lot of perserverance. I know she will be an awesome mother. She has so many things to offer Parker...knowledge, love, compassion, milk. All very important things. Many of those I can offer, well except for that last one, that would be a little hard...and awkward. Anyways, I must be on my way. Next time you hear from us we will hopefully have a new addition to the family.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Any chance you want to hold out till the 17th? It's my Birthday! He would be my favorite nephew..... ok I'm fine with any April birthday! Hope everything goes good -keep us posted!-n
Post a Comment