
Our poor little Cohen. This morning at 4:30 am, Nick let him outside for his usual morning potty break before he went to work. I was still up in bed and I heard Cohen yelping from up there. The little guy got attacked by a raccoon....or raccoons. It was really dark, so Nick didn't know what had gotten him at first, but when he went back out with a flashlight there were four sets of glowing racoon eyes staring back at us. Cohen was bleeding, so I called the pet emergency line and they said I could wait until the regular vet openned at 8am. I gave him a bath and started to find more and more cuts on him. By the time we went to the vet, he wasn't using his back left leg at all. (he has a few sets of puncture wounds from bites on this leg especially) We're back at home now, and I am very relieved his rabies shots were up to date (gold star for me). He seems to be doing okay aside from his limp and not being able to hop up on the couch/chair/bed, etc. The vet said we were very lucky and she has seen some raccoon attacks that are much much worse. I think his pride is a little damaged though because he has all these random patches of shaved hair where the bites/scratches are, so he looks pretty ghetto-fab. Anyways, he's such a trooper.
While I'm bloggin', here are a couple pics. One of my sorority sisters, Jenny, got married this month and these are some pics of the tri-delts there.




And this one of Nick's latest afro just makes me laugh! I love this guy.

2 comments:
Oh poor cohen! I can't believe he got attacked....you must have been so worried. I love the pic of nick....he cracks me up! I miss you guys
poor poor puppy I think maybe he a raccoon warrior! I'm glad he's ok
Nick Love that hair maybe you should wear that to Powell Next time
ps Kristen you need to get your mom and dad to come to powell next year -nena
Post a Comment